Re: Bin Module does not work well with Streams

Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have managed to implement this now
in a streaming manner by carrying a appropriate error code with the lazily
evaluated binary stream, so that if an IOException occurs, we can pass
through the correct XPath/XQuery error code.

On 11 June 2017 at 09:10, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:

> On 7.6.2017 17:34, Michael Kay wrote:
> > But I think my approach here would be different. I would support the
> bin:part#3 function as specified, albeit inefficiently, and offer a
> different function perhaps bin:read-up-to($in, $start, $len) which reads
> from $start to the end of $in or to $len whichever comes first.
>
> +1
>
> As there are two different use-cases -- "read exactly N bytes" and "read
> as much as possible" I would also prefer not change existing function
> behaviour and introduce new function as Mike suggested.
>
>                         Jirka
>
> --
>   Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>      Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
> DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 rep.
>     Bringing you XML Prague conference    http://xmlprague.cz

Adam Retter

eXist Developer
{ United Kingdom }