Re: Bin Module does not work well with Streams

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 15:10:59 +0200
To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, Adam Retter <adam.retter@googlemail.com>
Cc: EXPath ML <public-expath@w3.org>
On 7.6.2017 17:34, Michael Kay wrote:
> But I think my approach here would be different. I would support the bin:part#3 function as specified, albeit inefficiently, and offer a different function perhaps bin:read-up-to($in, $start, $len) which reads from $start to the end of $in or to $len whichever comes first.

+1

As there are two different use-cases -- "read exactly N bytes" and "read
as much as possible" I would also prefer not change existing function
behaviour and introduce new function as Mike suggested.

			Jirka

     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing