Re: integer in EXI4JSON

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 21:55:12 -0400
To: Takuki Kamiya <tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com>
Cc: "Peintner, Daniel" <daniel.peintner.ext@siemens.com>, "public-exi@w3.org" <public-exi@w3.org>
On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Takuki Kamiya <tkamiya@us.fujitsu.com>
wrote:

In the case of “decimal”, probably we have not seen a good use case to use
> it in EXI4JSON.
>
> I tend to agree that we drop “decimal”.

If you leave it out, it is not possible to do 1:1 conversion between
arbitrary JSON and EXI4JSON.  For example, a number greater than 1e308 can
only be represented as decimal, or a number that requires more than 17
digits of precision.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
LEAR: Dost thou call me fool, boy?