AW: ACTION-725: Check whether we need to mention anything about which type to cast to in the case of profile stream

From: Peintner, Daniel (ext) <daniel.peintner.ext@siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 13:14:21 +0000
To: Efficient XML Interchange Working Group <public-exi@w3.org>
All,

I checked whether we need an additional constraint to properly handle EXI profile streams in Canonical EXI.

I think an additional rule is needed and I therefore added a note in Section "4.2.1 Select productions according to specific conventions" [1] to make clear all implementations use the same xsi:type cast:

"Note: The EXI Profile uses the xsi:type attribute to switch from an evolving built-in element grammar to a non evolving schema-informed grammar. The specifications mentions in particular the xsd:anyType complex type but does not require this specific type. Canonical EXI processors MUST use xsd:anyType."

Any comments?

-- Daniel

[1] https://www.w3.org/XML/Group/EXI/docs/canonical/canonical-exi.html#N66282

ACTION-725: Check whether we need to mention anything about which type to cast to in the case of profile stream

https://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/exi/actions/725

Assigned to: Daniel Peintner