RE: [EXI] Clarification required regarding use of types

Hi John

    Thank you very much for your clarification. Some parts are still not
clear to me. Consider the following case.

    Suppose I have the following schema definition. (shown below is a
segment of schema)

    <xs:simpleType name="TypeUri" final="list restriction">

           <xs:restriction base="xs:anyURI"/>

    </xs:simpleType>

<xs:element name="MyUri" type="TypeUri" minOccurs="0"/>

<xs:element name="MyString" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0"/>

For this I would have a grammar like this.

For Simple Type Definition TypeUri

TypeUri_0:

           CH [schema-valid-value] TypeUri_1

TypeUri_1:

           EE

TypeUri_Empty_0:

           EE

For element MyUri

MyUri_0:

           TypeUri_0

For element MyString

MyString_0:

           xs:string_0

As there is no grammar available for xs:string we will define one like this

xs:string_0:

           CH [schema-valid-value] xs:string_1

xs:string_0:

           EE

xs:string_Empty_0:

           EE

After all this grammar definitions still there is some ambiguity in the
definition of TypeUri. It is lacking the schema basic type information
unlike the xs:string type. Only when I know the schema basic type I can
perform the low level encoding/decoding of the value as per that.

Also the specification talks about adding production AT(xsi:type) to the
element grammar when it is of some named sub type. What is the significance
of this AT(xsi:type) event ?  How and when it has to be generated ?

Please clarify me in this regard and help me in resolving the confusion.

Thanks in advance,

Santhanakrishnan

  _____