[EXI] Restricted character Set

From: santhanakrishnan <santhana@huawei.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 12:38:48 +0530
To: public-exi@w3.org
Cc: ravikumar@huawei.com
Hi EXI WG,
    This is regarding the restricted character set derivation .

    If I have derived a data type as follows

    <xs:simpleType name="quantity_t">

        <xs:restriction base="xs:integer">

            <xs:pattern value='[3-4]'/>

        </xs:restriction>

    </xs:simpleType>

1. How the restricted character set will be derived for quantity_t?

            A. We have to derive based on pattern facet on quantity_t type (
i. e. white space & 3, 4)

            B. Or we have to derive based on pattern facet on xs:integer (i.
e. white space & +, -, 0-9)

            C. Or both the patterns should be considered.

2. What are considerations to determine the restricted character set? if
there are more than one pattern facet present in the hierarchy of the data
types.

3. Is for all types white space is a default character in the charset, even
if not defined in that type?

Please clarify

regards

Ravikumar and Santhanakrishnan