[EXI] Restricted Character Sets for Built-in EXI Datatype Representations

From: santhanakrishnan <santhana@huawei.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:17:07 +0530
To: public-exi@w3.org
Hi EXI WG
        In Table 7-2 "Restricted Character Sets for Built-in EXI Datatype
Representations" patterns are defined for EXI Built-in data types while
encoding the values as strings. Consider the following schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xs:simpleType name="pattern_t">
 <xs:restriction base="xs:integer">
  <xs:pattern value="[3-4]*"/>
 </xs:restriction>
</xs:simpleType>
<xs:element name="RollNo" type="pattern_t"/>
</xs:schema>

In the above schema I happen to encode the type as string. For this I need
to consider the pattern defined as per the table 7-2. But what is I
additionally have another pattern restriction as given above. Should I use
the intersection of both the patterns to derive the charset for the type ?

regards
Santhanakrishnan