Re: Valid XML

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 08:10:44 -0400
To: "'public-evangelist@w3.org' w3. org" <public-evangelist@w3.org>

Le 05-05-20 à 18:37, Pid a écrit :
> I'm losing the will to live, just thinking about content types.

please don't. You just the most mature opinion about it ;)

> It's well established that the popular UA's handle XHTML badly, in
> some way or other.

Again no. :)
popular UAs handle badly "XHTML 1.0" and "XHTML 1.1" served with
_application/xhtml+xml_
And only talking about mime types.

> Until 90% of browsers out there can properly handle XHTML 1.1, (or
> higher), we have to recognise that we are in an extended period of
> transition, the termination of which is largely dependant on
> Microsoft.

It's why I haven't recommended in its long thread to use XHTML 1.1,
and I have insisted on "XHTML 1.0 (text/html)".

> We have to be pragmatic and accept that the 1.0 Transitional and
> Strict specs are about educating people, and getting them into good
> habits for the future. Which, I rather thought, was the point of
> this mailing list.

100% agreed. :)

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***