Re: Weblogs by W3C Team members

Hi Tex,

Le 15 juil. 2004, à 08:12, Tex Texin a écrit :
> Just to be clear, is it your intent to consider weblogs as
> replacements for
> discussion lists, or publishing in other forms, or do you simply mean
> as yet another form of publishing? I presume the latter.

* Mailing lists

Not a replacement for mailing list. Mailing-lists are still the main
communication tool for many of our activities:
	- Technical discussions
	- Issues tracking
	- Comments on Specifications

It's very important to keep it as it is to not miss any issues, or
concerns that people have about a technology. If there are too many
sources of information for issues tracking, we will miss them and
that's not good at all.

* Weblogs

As another form of publishing, helping people inside the Team to get
feedback on a few things, to share our own hacks or progress on things,
etc. As It has been said, I think the "weblog form" is more accessible
than a mailing-list for many persons. It would help a better
interaction.
I know that many persons in the W3C Team have very valuable
technological knowledge and a simple way to share it and better (in
terms of presentation) than the www-archive [1] mailing list would be
great.

But to convince people inside the W3C Team that the effort is
worthwhile, we need your testimonials AND the reasons why you think
it's a good idea or a bad idea.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***