Re: Weblogs, etc. on standards and accessibility updated

From: Holly Marie <hollymarie@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:21:19 -0500
To: "ed nixon" <ed.nixon@LynnParkPlace.org>, "Karl Dubost" <karl@w3.org>
Cc: <public-evangelist@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "ed nixon"

> This does nothing to deal with the management, integrity and
> organization of the entries themselves, of course. And it is currently
> location specific. I can scratch my head about that too. But
suggestions
> and comments would be a help.

I was thinking about some sort of link portal or link management
scripting, server side. I was working with an xml, perl project I found
online, but there were a few items that were not that smooth.

I did also have the categories by language, but my list is blogs and
news. So the list is a bit bigger with a section that has reference to
some key standards, guidelines, and accessibility websites.[not all
blogs].

Next, I sorted each subcategory, alphabetically by blog name/site name
or title. Included author or authors where found, and short description.

It would be nice to have as a database project, content management
set-up, where updates and changes could be made on-the-fly.

Another option might be some table set-up, with sql, and sort order
options on the headers. If done accessibly and via standards/guidelines,
this could work well. Maybe a separate table for each language group.

XML still looks like a possibility, and I have been scouting some XSL ,
stylesheets , transformations, etc ... though I am new to this area, but
I see sort and group as possibilities through XML.

Right now mine sits in xhtml flat files as a static web page... Not even
in a blog.

holly