Re: [Summary] What next?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 05:45:28PM +0900, Olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Third idea is to contact and educate people.
> - contact and educate web agencies
>  (We - W3C QA - are already working on a "what you should propose
>  to your clients" note)
> - contact and educate companies
>  (We - W3C QA - are already working on a "what you should ask your
>  web design agency/web department)
> - contact and educate teachers and the education world
> - contact and educate governments

It would be worthwhile to find out what kind of materials will best
suit teachers and people who are educating the next generation of Web
developers/designers.  Different Web courses are written for target
audiences - courses which cater for websites for small businesses,
personal websites, technical web development, and so forth. Therefore,
materials we produce might have to be targeted, or somehow 'rehashable'.

We would have to give sound explanations on the need to teach standards.

Perhaps a kind of framework for this can be presented at local Web
conferences which are more academic, so that educators can spread the
word between themselves?

Thoughts?

cheers,
-steph