Re: SWAD(-Europe) logo(s)

From: Lesly Huxley <lesly.huxley@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 16:42:35 +0100
To: Kate Sharp <Kate.Sharp@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>, Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>, Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org>, em <em@w3.org>, Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>, public-esw <public-esw@w3.org>

> I think it would be best to work on the logo and other publicity ideas without
> the panic of current mid October deadline for materials.
>
> So propose that we design a simple fact sheet without logo for the FP6 Launch
> Conference in November while embarking on a more coherent approach for the
> overall marketing of the project. What do you think?

I think this is a very sensible suggestion - we did the
same for Renardus a couple of years ago: the important
thing was to register the name and outline of
work/objectives in peoples' minds, and as far as I know it
had no detrimental effect on subsequent acceptance of our
logo/style.
Dr Lesly Huxley : lesly.huxley@bris.ac.uk
http://www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/~relh
Research Director and Acting Institute Director
Institute for Learning and Research Technology
8-10 Berkeley Sq., University of Bristol,  BS8 1HH, UK
Tel: +44 117 928 7196 fax: + 44 117 928 7112