From: Libby Miller [mailto:Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: 30 July 2002 14:13
To: public-esw@w3.org
Subject: SWAD-Europe - another workshop

As you know we are due to do tho workshops in October, one the postponed
'International workshop' which looks to be colocated with the DC
conference, and another ordinary developer workshop which I am
organising at first pass.

October's calendra currently looks like this:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/view/calmonth?rdfweburl=http://sw1.i
lrt.org/discovery/2002/05/rsscal/confrss.rdf&startorend=start&date=2002-10-0
2

My inital idea was to have it about calendaring, to take advantage of
the presence of the Webont working Group at HP in early October. There
seemed to be some preference for querying at the face to face. However I
don't think that we have sufficient time or resources at this stage to
have a workshop on such a controversial, popular and political subject.

Therefore I proppose that we go with the calendaring idea, especially
given the current interest in RDF calendaring

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2002Jul/0000.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2002Jul/0001.html

http://www.extrememarkup.com/extreme/2002/friday.asp
Generalized metadata in your Palm
Norman Walsh, Sun Microsystems
(Extreme Markup 2002)

Apple Ical
http://www.apple.com/ical/

Mozilla calendar
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&threadm=3D44
D001.1050905%40mbox.com.au&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26saf
e%3Doff%26group%3Dnetscape.public.mozilla.calendar

and the presence of Dan Connolly at the Webont f2f

plus, of course, it's one of my particular interests as RDF Calendar
Taskforce lead; and I've been doing a lot on it for this project:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/events/view/
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200207/rsscal/xslt-rss-events.html

what does everyone think? I'd like to start approaching people as soon
as possible about this.

cheers

Libby