Re: International Workshop

Hi folks,

sorry for the delay in getting back to this.

A rough proposal:

We hold the international workshop as two sessions at DC-2002:
An introduction to SWAD-E. A brief overview of what we hope to achieve is
going to be presented as part of a plenary talk by Eric Miller of the
Semantic Web Activity at W3C (he is going to be talking about the Semantic
Web at W3C in general, as I understand it).

In addition we have a short session (1 or 2 hours) providing a slightly more
in-depth overview of the project. My hope for this is that we will present
the work we are doing, our goals for the different areas of work, the
partners in the project, etc. I would like as many of the partners as
possible to be presenting work, so we will need to discuss how to organise
this and still have a reasonable amount of time for discussion of how this
fits into the wider context of semantic web work in europe and
internationally, dublin core, etc.

And we have a session of perhaps 6 hours which is a technical work session. A
proposed topic is schema interoperability - fitting with both the Semweb and
Dublin Core themes. Dan Brickley will give some more detail about this, but
we need to respond very quickly to the Dublin Core folks if we would like to
go ahead with this.

I am hoping to have enough answers from people by monday afternoon UK time to
be able to pass on a sense that we would like to go ahead with this (or
alternative proposals if people think this is not the way to go). It would be
useful to know how many of the partners would (probably) be able to attend
and present.

Again, I apologise for the short time-scale. I will post a page on the site
tomorrow with a bit more detail.

Cheers

Charles