Re: AW: Predicate for quasi-synoyms (with upwards posting)?

Hi Joachim,

If you really can't avoid representing these things, then the pattern you've chosen (simple property, not hiddenLabel) is probably the best one.
This said having this property as sub-property of skos:altLabel has downsides for interoperability. I mean, if data consumers expect skos:altLabel to reference labels with the same meaning (more or less) as the prefered label, finding your altLabelNarrower in the middle of them could have bad consequences.

Actually even your own application, if it uses reasoning, may end up showing this:
[
Social class
                 used for: Social background, Elite, Middle class, Working class
                 also utilized for: Elite, Middle class, Working class
]

If Elite, Middle class, Working class are altLabelNarrower then they are also altLabel and thus would end up in your 'used for' display.

So maybe you could create our new property without any rdfs:subPropertyOf?

Best,

Antoine