Re: Tools for exporting SKOS to human readable form (HTML)

From: Peter Krantz <peter@peterkrantz.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 09:44:48 +0200
Cc: public-esw-thes@w3.org
To: Thomas Bandholtz <thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com>

24 okt 2012 kl. 23:17 skrev Thomas Bandholtz <thomas.bandholtz@innoq.com>:

> I think it is not just about "exporting a SKOS document to e.g. HTML",
> but about publishing a SKOS document as Linked Data on the Web (which
> includes availability in HTML format).

Yes, of course the actual SKOS data need to be online as well when going live (preferably with proper content negotiation).

> If you see it this way, iQvoc [1] will do this for you with an Apache
> 2.0 license.

I saw that and that looks like one of the best candidates right now. However, in a project I have found that while working on a vocabulary it typically goes like this:

1. Domain experts gather for a workshop where the basic vocabulary is designed.

2. Someone SKOSes it (is that a word?)  in Topbraid or Protege.

3. That someone needs to send out drafts to participants for review before publishing it.

It is the third step I would like to be able to do in a simpler fashion by emailing the result exported to HTML or other format.

Setting up a server for this is too much work in most cases.

I guess I would like a simple script/tool I can run locally to to generate these draft. I guess it should be fairly easy to make a one page file with some nice styling.

Regards,

Peter