Re: Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

From: François-Paul Servant <francois-paul.servant@noos.fr>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 15:34:06 +0100
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Dan, Bernard,

thank you for your answers. I'll use foaf:focus.

> As for distinction between the concept and the page about it, seems to me the general consensus is to consider a skos:Concept as a non-information resource, so it should have a URI distinct from the one of the page representing it.

well, I'm not convinced there is a big utility to it in the case of a skos:Concept: I don't see practical use-cases where one would want to state different things about the concept and the page (or the RDF data) returned when dereferencing it. No "semantic collapse" to be afraid of ;-)

> (I don't think or talk in those terms, personally; is 'Hamlet' an
> information resource? or the Bible? Or the London tube map? does it
> matter?)

I wouldn't say that I usually think in those terms: I just wanted to know if I have to have #URIs for skos:Concepts (or to 303-redirect) in order to be a "good citizen" :-)

Best Regards,

fps