Re: Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

From: Spero, Simon <ses@unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:48:57 +0000
To: François-Paul Servant <francois-paul.servant@noos.fr>
CC: "<public-esw-thes@w3.org>" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
On Nov 12, 2012, at 9:34 AM, François-Paul Servant wrote:

well, I'm not convinced there is a big utility to it in the case of a skos:Concept: I don't see practical use-cases where one would want to state different things about the concept and the page (or the RDF data) returned when dereferencing it. No "semantic collapse" to be afraid of ;-)

When was the Concept  of "Sherlock Holmes" created?
Not after 7 July 1930, which is the death date of the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

When was a web page whose foaf:focus is "Sherlock Holmes" created?
Not before 8 June 1955, which is the birth date of Sir Timothy Berners-Lee.

Can (must)  the creator of the web page be a different entity to the creator of the Concept?
Yes, if nobody can create something after their death.

That's all for two knight

Simon