From: public-esw-thes-request@w3.org [mailto:public-esw-thes-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Bernard Vatant
Sent: martedì 27 aprile 2010 18.56
To: Marc Wick; Dan Brickley; Dublin Core; SKOS
Subject: Status of resources (stable, testing etc)

Hello folks

We are currently revisiting the Geonames ontology (long overdue) including
feature codes, on which I would like to add some Dublin-Core like
annotations re. concepts. In particular some concepts are going to be
deprecated using dcterms:isReplacedBy, some will be deprecated altogether
without replace because they've never be used, and quite a lot will be put
in a status of quasi-obsolescence or quasi-extinction. Those are feature
codes used less than one per million features, which means less than 7 times
considering Geonames has over 7 millions features in store ...
I was wondering which vocabulary is the best for expressing that.
http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/ns is used by FOAF, Bibontology
and others. But it defines status as a data property, I would prefer an
object property with an enumerated range of individual values. Of course I
can define those in geonames data space, but since this is not particular to
geographical codes, I was wondering if there was some vocabulary on some
shelves I miss. BTW I was amazed not to find any "status" property in Dublin
Core.

Suggestions?

--
Bernard Vatant