Réf : Re: Status of thesaural resources (stable, testing etc)

ebXML defines a registry object status (extract from regrep-rim-3.0-os May
2, 2005. Page 23 of 78) :

2.5.9.1 Pre-defined RegistryObject Status Types

submitted to the registry and has been subsequently approved.
Deprecated : Status of a RegistryObject that catalogues content that has
been submitted to the registry and has been subsequently deprecated.
Submitted : Status of a RegistryObject that catalogues content that has
been submitted to the registry.
Withdrawn : Status of a RegistryObject that catalogues content that has
been withdrawn from the registry. A repository item has been removed
but its ExtrinsicObject still exists.

             public-esw-thes@w
             3.org
             Envoyé par :                                                A
             public-esw-thes-r         Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
             equest@w3.org                                              cc
                                       Bernard Vatant
                                       <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, Marc
             27/04/10 03:51 PM         Wick <marc@geonames.org>, Dublin
                                       Core
                                       <DC-ARCHITECTURE@jiscmail.ac.uk>,
                                       SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>,
                                       Leigh Dodds
                                       <leigh.dodds@talis.com>, Libby
                                       Miller <Libby.Miller@bbc.co.uk>,
                                       Dominique Vanpée
                                       <dominique.vanpee@poisoncentre.be>,
                                       Wim Daeleman
                                       <wim.daeleman@poisoncentre.be>
                                                                     Objet
                                       Re: Status of thesaural resources
                                       (stable, testing etc)

Funny, I was asked this morning to add a "validated y/n" attribute to
our application based on SKOS concepts.

Interesting to see that experience proven statuses are:

'unstable'
    The meaning, deployment practices, documentation (or important
    associated software/services) associated with this term are liable
    to change arbitrarily at some point in the future. They may not, but
    stability is not guaranteed. Use with caution.
'testing'
    The meaning, deployment practices, documentation and general
    understanding of this term are approaching some stability, but
    changes are still possible due to implementation experience or other
    unanticipated factors.
'stable'
    The term is relatively stable, and its documentation and meaning are
    not expected to change substantially.
'archaic'
    This term is marked as old-fashioned; although used, it is not
    considered typical of current best practice and alternative
    expressions may be preferable.

Completed by ( http://www.w3.org/2003/06/sw-vocab-status/ns ):

moreinfo
    A property of a class which contains additional information about
the term's status and intended for human usage, typically used to
explain why the term is unstable.
    For example, <vs:moreinfo>a possible conflict exists, see
http://www.example.com for more info</vs:moreinfo>

userdocs
    A property of a class which contains information about the term's
usage and intended for human usage.
    For example, <vs:userdocs>used to indicate the term is
normative.</vs:userdocs>

Is this right for Belgium PoisonCentre thesaurus managers ?

Have a nice evening,

Christophe Dupriez