Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

On 12 Nov 2009, at 22:22, Bernard Vatant wrote:
>> So this would mean that there exists a concept that shares all
>> properties
>> (including creation date) with the person.
>
> Strange animal, possible cause of a total semantic collapse.

Evidence, please? ;-)

>> I'm assuming that DBpedia does not assert any SKOS properties about
>> the
>> resource.
>>
>> Can a single URI refer to a person and to an equivalent concept at
>> the same
>> time?
>
> I don't think it's reasonable at all to do that

Care to elaborate?

Again, I do agree that Michelle Obama the foaf:Person is different
from the skos:Concept created by me in my skos:ConceptScheme. Both are
not sameAs.

But look. In my world, every person carries an implicit skos:Concept
with them. There is a natural 1:1 correspondence between people and
those concepts.

Now I'm asking, what's the harm in identifying both the foaf:Person
and the implicit skos:Concept with the same URI, e.g., http://dbpedia.org/resource/Michelle_Obama?

Richard