Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

On 12 Nov 2009, at 15:20, Ross Singer wrote:
>> what predicate should poor
>> Richard (and myself) use if we want nevertheless to express the
>> fact that
>> his specific record/entry/heading/concept is a proxy in his system
>> for the
>> person Michelle Obama?
>
> One of the reasons why I wasn't sure why this thread is still going on
> is because I thought there was an answer for this early on (that seems
> to have been mostly ignored).
>
> umbel:linksEntity is designed to do exactly this.

I understand that umbel:linksEntity is designed exactly for this case.
But I'd feel uneasy about recommending the use of this property.

Where is it used already? Any evidence of uptake in the RDF community?
Are the UMBEL folks engaging with the community to get greater buy-in?
Are the UMBEL folks in touch with the SKOS community to work towards
getting this into a future version of SKOS? Are there any people whom
I trust who endorse the use of UMBEL? What else do I “buy into” when I
use UMBEL?

I'm not an early adopter type when it comes to this kind of
vocabulary, so I want to see some evidence of uptake...

Richard