Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Using DBpedia resources as skos:Concepts?

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 16:34:06 +0100
To: Ross Singer <rossfsinger@gmail.com>
Cc: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, Mike Bergman <mike@mkbergman.com>
Hi Ross

Thanks for this. Indeed umbel:linksEntity seems to fill the slot.
Although I find its name, as well as the one of its inverse property
umbel:isAbout, quite misleading.
How about something like umbel:hasReferent and umbel:isReferentOf ,

BTW do you have any feedback on the use of this property in the wild?

> > But if the DBpedia entry is supposed to represent the thing herself, as
> the
> > predicates it bears, and the excellent (as usual) arguments of Pat, seem
> > prove, we're back to the initial question : what predicate should poor
> > Richard (and myself) use if we want nevertheless to express the fact that
> > his specific record/entry/heading/concept is a proxy in his system for
> the
> > person Michelle Obama?
> One of the reasons why I wasn't sure why this thread is still going on
> is because I thought there was an answer for this early on (that seems
> to have been mostly ignored).
> umbel:linksEntity is designed to do exactly this.
> -Ross.

Bernard Vatant
Senior Consultant
Vocabulary & Data Engineering