RE: SKOS in GeoSciML

FYI an application and extension of SKOS for geology.

----- Forwarded message from Simon.Cox@csiro.au -----

From: Simon.Cox@csiro.au
To: alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk
CC: andrew.woolf@stfc.ac.uk
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 03:02:36 +0900
Subject: RE: SKOS in GeoSciML

Hi Alistair

I developed a little RDF schema to extend SKOS for the purposes of
GeoSciML vocabularies.  There's a short TWiki page here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/SKOSEncodingForVocabulary
and you also need to be aware of the ControlledConcept model that we
are working from here:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/twiki/bin/view/CGIModel/GeologicVocabulary

In particular I would be interested in *feedback* on whether (i) I've
done the extension correctly (there is just one additional property
defined using RDFS, but I'm not very experienced in the XML syntax)
(ii) whether anyone else has hit this use case (i.e. a need to link
from a Concept to a prototype/holotype/exemplar instance) - it would
seem to be a quite general requirement, and I wonder if it shoudl
either be proposed as a standard SKOS extension, or if a shared
solution coudl be developed (where would it be published?)

Regards

Simon Cox

--
Alistair Miles