Re: Question about skos:concept

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 18:29:35 +0200
To: Jyotishman Pathak <jyotishman.mayo@gmail.com>
CC: public-esw-thes@w3.org, pathak.jyotishman@mayo.edu
Hi Jyoti,

Indeed there is no explicit subClassOf relationship between skos:Concept and rdfs:Resource.

But it is implicitly here: if I'm not mistaken, an RDFS/OWL inference engine can get it from the RDFS and OWL semantics, especially using [1] which has the following axiom:
If x is in IC then <x, I(rdfs:Resource)> is in IEXT(I(rdfs:subClassOf))
( where IC = ICEXT(I(rdfs:Class)) )

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#vocabulary_entail