Question about skos:concept

From: Jyotishman Pathak <jyotishman.mayo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:34:16 -0500
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org
Cc: pathak.jyotishman@mayo.edu
Hello all,

I am seeking a clarification about skos:concept.

<rdf:Description rdf:about="#Concept">
<rdfs:label xml:lang="en">Concept</rdfs:label>
<rdfs:isDefinedBy rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core"/>
<skos:definition xml:lang="en">An idea or notion; a unit of
thought.</skos:definition>
<!-- S1 -->
<rdf:type rdf:resource="http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#Class"/>
</rdf:Description>

1.) At present, skos:concept is defined as an instance of owl:class (and
hence, an instance of rdfs:resource). However, I do not see any "explicit"
subClassOf relationship between skos:concept and rdfs:resource. Am I correct
in assuming that such a relationship does not exist?

2.) If the answer to question# 1 is yes, could you please explain
(preferably with an example) why such an assertion was not included in the
specification?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Cheers,
- Jyoti