Re: exact match

Rob Tice wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks for the post and the use case, but is this not actually a 'work
> around' for the constraints of the SKOS semantic relationship model.
>
> Wouldn't SKOS benefit from an actual equivalence relationship for those
> specific use cases when using labels for equivalence is not sufficient
> (apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere :)). Wouldn't this
> then be a more consistent model than exact match being utilised between
> concepts in the same scheme.

For strong equivalence, owl:sameAs between 'x', and 'y' is a way of
saying that x and y are the self-same thing. I don't see a lot of living
space between 'exact match' and total identity.

My point here was just to show there might be use cases for same-scheme
exact match relations. I don't have a strong opinion on whether the
existing relationships are enough...

cheers,

Dan

--