Re: Status update

From: Stella Dextre Clarke <stella@lukehouse.org>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 14:16:00 +0100
To: Alasdair J G Gray <agray@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
CC: Simon Spero <ses@unc.edu>, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Alasdair J G Gray wrote:
>  >
> Simon Spero wrote:
>> The status of mappings is Epic.
>>
> Are they being dropped from the proposed SKOS standard or are they being
> kept in with some change of format?
Mappings are difficult. They are not just difficult to construct, but it
is also hard to envisage the ways in which they will be used, and derive
from that vision the most helpful model for representing them. ( Not so
hard to do a one-off for a particular need, but how to satisfy
everybody??) I don't know, but I guess the SKOS team is hard pressed
with other priorities, and needs a lot more time to come up with a
robust design. I can't imagine that they would drop the ambition to get
there in the end.
All the best!
Stella
Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
stella@lukehouse.org