Re: [ISSUE-77] [ISSUE-48] Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Skos subject properties are deprecated

Hi,

Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> We have a skos:Concept for “History of the Internet”.
>
> We have Tim Berners-Lee, the person, as a resource.
>
> The question is how to relate them.
>
> Saying that the “subject” of the person “Tim Berners-Lee” is “History of
> the Internet” is a bit of a stretch.

You cannot say this with SKOS. You can only say that someone assigned
the Concept “History of the Internet” to the resource “Tim Berners-Lee”.

 > I think there are three options for resolving this:
 >
 > A) Clarify that the domain of skos:subject is indeed any resource,
 >    and that the term “subject” is used loosely here.

Let's keep it simple:

  skos:subject rdfs:domain rdfs:Resource .
  skos:subject rdfs:range skos:Concept .

  skos:subjectOf rdfs:domain rdfs:Resource .
  skos:subjectOf rdfs:range skos:Concept .

  skos:subject owl:inverseOf skos:subjectOf .

That's the way it was defined in SKOS core up to now as far as I know
and there is no need to make it more complicate than this.

Greetings,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss@gbv.de>, skype: nichtich
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany