Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] [ISSUE-77] [ISSUE-48] Re: Skos subject properties are deprecated

Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2008, at 15:26, Simon Spero wrote:
>
>>> Like skos:subject, dcterms:subject seems to be intended for use on
>>> documents, not people or cities. Hence it doesn't really meet
>>> DBpedia's requirements.
>>>
>> The meaning of "document" in this context is extremely broad;  if we
>> follow  Otlet's definition of a document as anything which can
>> convey information to an observer(Buckland 1997),  the term would
>> seem to cover anything which can have a subject.
>>
>> By this standard, timbl is a document, but only when someone's
>> looking.
>>

> Sorry, but you lost me there. Where I live, people are not documents,
> and I like it here.

Sure people are not documents, but People and Documents are concepts
that can be associated with one another. Put differently Data Object of
Type Person is a Concept and Data Object of Type Document is another.
Both can be associated in a Data Graph using the appropriate link/predicate.

Kingsley