Re: [ISSUE-77] [ISSUE-48] Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Skos subject properties are deprecated

From: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:19:18 +0100
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Richard
> Saying that the “subject” of the person “Tim Berners-Lee” is “History
> of the Internet” is a bit of a stretch.
Think about TBL as a (living) document, and you'll see it another way.

> My problem is not with the term “resource”, but with the term
> “subject”. I don't doubt that DC properties, in general, are
> applicable to all kinds of resources. But some sorts of resources
> don't really have subjects.
Why not? What is the fundamental difference between :
On the subject 'History of Internet', see
'http://www.isoc.org/internet/history/brief.shtml'
On the subject 'History of Internet', see
'http://dbpedia.org/resource/Tim_Berners-Lee'

None of those assertions says how you will *use* those resources : read
the story, follow the link, or ask/write/phone TBL himself if you can
... They both say that the resource is relevant to the subject.

Bernard

<http://mondeca.wordpress.com/>