Re: AW: [SKOS] The return of ISSUE-44 (was Re: TR : SKOS Reference Editor's Draft 23 December 2007)

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 09:31:36 +0100
To: "Svensson, Lars" <l.svensson@d-nb.de>
CC: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Dear Lars,

> I know we're currently finialising the spec,

This should never be a reason not to send smart comments/objections around!
> but anyhow:
>
> We could invent two new properties skos:broaderTransitive (a subproperty
> of skos:broader)	and skos:narrowerTransitive (a subproperty of
> skos:narrower) which both are declared as transitive. Could this be a
> solution?

Well I did not mean to coin standard properties there, but I think your
wish technically matches what I just wrote yesterday for the editor's
draft of the primer :-)
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/DraftPrimer (in section 4.7, the
very last lines of the document)

Best,