Re: SKOS Reference Editor's Draft 23 December 2007

From: Simon Spero <ses@unc.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:17:05 +0000
Cc: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>
To: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>

On Jan 9, 2008, at 5:04 PM, Sean Bechhofer wrote:

> I should make it clear that I don't have a particular hard line on
> this and wouldn't be deeply unhappy to see broader as transitive.
> Also, I'm not too clued up on thesaurus standards -- I'm coming at
> this much more from the formal KR end of things, so am very happy to
> be told what's what by those in the know in terms of application
> need :-).

I'll post a proper response a bit later, but I just wanted to send the
URL for the NISO thesaurus standard (Z39.19)- http://www.niso.org/standards/standard_detail.cfm?std_id=814
  .
The NISO standard can be freely downloaded.

   The  BSI will happily charge you 142.00  for their equivalent (BSI
8723)  - http://www.bsi-global.com/en/Shop/Publication-Detail/?pid=000000000030094114
  .
  Bastards.

Simon