RE: [SKOS] Amsterdam topic "Concept semantics"

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 10:51:23 +0100
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Cc: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all,

Sorry this is too late for the reading packet, hopefully not too late to be of use at the f2f...

As input for discussion of this topic, I've written a strawman proposal for the semantics of skos:Concept...

[2] <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSemantics/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=3>

This proposal is very minimal, and makes almost no ontological commitment for skos:Concept.

The motivation for a minimal semantics is to allow different design patterns to be used for working with SKOS and OWL.

I wrote a short document on what I think are the major patterns for working with SKOS and OWL, and how these patterns might influence our choice of semantics for skos:Concept...

[3] <http://purl.org/net/skos/2007/10/f2f/skos-owl-patterns.html>

...this was really just a brain dump, and should hopefully complement Antoine's excellent discussion at [1].

Cheers,

Alistair.