[SKOS] ISSUE-31 BasicLexicalLabelSemantics proposed resolution

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 19:23:11 +0100
To: "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Cc: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all,

I'd like to propose the following section of the SKOS Semantics as a resolution for [ISSUE-31]:

[1] <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Semantics/Labelling?action=recall&rev=5>

This proposal deals with the intuitive semantics of "preferred", "alternative" and "hidden" at the syntactic level, which avoids complicated semantics conditions and allows for error-tolerant strategies to be defined.

This idea of handling some conditions at a syntactic level is new to me, and I have very limited experience of writing normative specifications of application behaviour, so I'd very much welcome comments and thoughts on this proposal.

Cheers,

Alistair.

[ISSUE-31] <http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/31>

Research Associate
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Didcot
Web: http://purl.org/net/aliman