RE: [SKOS] A new proposal for ISSUE-39 ConceptualMappingLinks

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:47:28 -0000
To: "Sini, Margherita \(KCEW\)" <Margherita.Sini@fao.org>
Cc: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi Margherita,

> - mapping should be kept separate from the skos version of
> the vocabularies

Do you mean you think SKOS should have separate properties for links within a scheme (e.g. skos:broader) and links between different schemes (e.g. skos:broadMatch)?

> - we should use the SKOS mapping relationships.

Can you say why?

Alistair Miles
Research Associate
Science and Technology Facilities Council
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
Web: http://purl.org/net/aliman
Email: a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk