How to use notations from classification schemes in SKOS

From: Svensson, Lars <svensson@dbf.ddb.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:10:51 +0100
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

[This question has been on the list before [1][2], but I found no
ultimate answer and thus feel free to post again. Sorry for any
inconvenience!]
Classification schemes like the Universal Decimal Classification, MCS,
or PACS usually have two human-readable labels: One containing a
notation (usually a combination of digits and letters following a
specific syntax, so that it's possible to see super-/subclass
relationships and ideally to identify precoordinated notations), the
other one being kind of free-format text only. Both labels are intended
for human use. For the second one, I would probably use skos:prefLabel,
but is there a specific label for use with notations? I wouldn't be
comfortable to use skos:altLabel, since the semantic is quite different,
but I can't find a skos:notation property or anything similar. Have I
missed anything?

Thanks

Lars

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2005Jan/0075