Re: Modeling change in and between schemes using SKOS - the problem of persistent URIs

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 23:45:44 +0200
To: Joseph Tennis <jtennis@interchange.ubc.ca>
CC: SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi,

> InstanceConcept and what Mark suggested as a global URI and a local
> URI?  I want to be sure I have followed the substance of the conversation.

Without having checked what you meant with InstanceConcept: I did not
mean global URI and local URI, I meant local _identifier_.

So the concept has a global URI (as usual), and also different
properties attached to it that record the identifier used in different
contexts.

ex:1234
	skos:prefLabel "Christianity"
	ex:edition1ID "abc123"
	ex:edition2ID "xyz321"

This situation also occurs in the cultural heritage portals I'm involved
in; we provide artworks with a URI, but also record the local ID that
the museums give to the artworks.

Mark.