RE: Modeling change in and between schemes using SKOS - the problem of persistent URIs

From: Aida Slavic <aida@acorweb.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 16:04:44 +0100
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

>Another solution might be to distinguish between the (global) URI and
>(local) edition identifiers. Christianity would get one global URI and
>two properties to define the local ID per edition.

If I am not wrong this would also be the solution for another frequent
e.g. for synthetic schemes.
When these are applied locally they create compound concepts that do not
in the scheme of origin. Also schemes may be used with some local variants.
In this case, for instance, global URI would be the one of standard scheme
while classification authority files would contain global+local URI (?)