Re: notes at contepts vs notes at terms

I actually thought of some instances where we add a note to term, but they
may not be the same ones that Stella might use:
 For the term: 2 (*ñ*-Chlorophenyl) furan, unless of course I was working in
a database designed specifically for chemical terms (Chem Abstracts, for
instance, accommodates such terms nicely) I would want to be able to have a
sorting field and a note on term to indicate that this term should be sorted
under Chlorophenyl, not under 2 or rho, and certainly not under the
parenthesis. This is clearly term-related information that has nothing to do
with the concept involved. Another example might be a note on a piece of
rhyming slang, assuming that that might come up in a lexical reference (hey,
camel's hump happens!). I'm not so sure that the inclusion of such surface
level anomalies in language have anything to do with meaning, which is what
makes rhyming slang so opaque. Needless to say, instances of notes on terms
are rather unusual, at least in our work, because we've got so many
differentiated data categories for very specific attributes of terms or
concepts.
 Bye for now
Sue Ellen