RE: [PORT] Moved: 2nd Public Working Draft for SKOS Core Guide and SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification

Just a brief word of support for Mark's concern. When a thesaurus is
being used for its intended purpose, i.e. information retrieval, what
matters is the Concept rather than the Term, so you would think that
notes on Terms are quite irrelevant. But while you are the editor
building and maintaining the thesaurus, and perhaps sharing your data
with other editors, it is sometimes useful to be able to record
housekeeping information about individual terms. I can see that the
model becomes more complicated if you allow terms to have notes, but it
also becomes more versatile, more generally applicable.
Cheers
Stella

Stella Dextre Clarke
Information Consultant
Luke House, West Hendred, Wantage, Oxon, OX12 8RR, UK
Tel: 01235-833-298
Fax: 01235-863-298
SDClarke@LukeHouse.demon.co.uk