Re: use role nouns (e.g. subject) not verbs (isSubjectOf)?

On Mar 10, 2005, at 12:37 PM, Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:
> Will note this for new proposals, but for current terms I think we're
> stuck with what we've got i.e. changing URIs now would be too
> disruptive.

Huh? There isn't even a 1st working draft yet. Hasn't everybody who
picked
this work up so far been notified that it's subject to change?

>> Does it really seem useful to define the inverses for these
>> properties?
>>   skos:subject, skos:isSubjectOf, skos:primarySubject and
>> skos:isPrimarySubjectOf.
>> I think owl:inverseOf is fine for post-hoc declaration of
>> inverses, but
>> let's
>> not make up aliases, even indirectly like this, if we can help it. It
>> just makes
>> dealing with this sort of data more expensive.
>
> We had several requests for these inverses, from implementors who find
> them useful, which is why they went in.

I'm not persuaded.
I'm an implementor, and I find them costly. What reasons did the
implementors give?

>> p.p.s. The draft says "This document is the First Public
>> Working Draft"
>> but it's
>> not. Always keep the SOTD truthful, please.
>
> Changed to 'This document is a W3C Editor's Working Draft' ... that OK?

Yes, much better, thanks.