RE: Quick comment from new SKOS user

From: Dickinson, Ian John (HP Labs, Bristol, UK) <ian.dickinson@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:23:38 -0000
To: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi Brian,
I understand your choice, and I concur that it makes sense that way
round. I actually wasn't advocating a change to the meaning, I was
merely trying to point out that, as a new SKOS user, I tripped over the
*potential* ambiguity inherent in the name.  I regard myself as
moderately clueful in the arcane world of RDF, so I infer this may
happen to other newcomers as well.  I accept that it's too late to
change the name from skos:narrower to skos:hasNarrower or something else
with directionality built-in, so my advocacy was to make the text in the
guide (I was looking at version 2004-11-25) a bit more explicit.  Sorry
if that wasn't clear from my message.

Ian