RE: Quick comment from new SKOS user

Ian,

Point taken, I accept that there is an ambiguity - there
has been a long history of different names for this most
fundamental of thesaurus relationships in SKOS and its
predecessors!

The interpretation we have settled on :

C0 skos:narrower C1
=
"C0 has the narrower concept C1"

is more natural if you think of it "operationally" in the
directed labelled graph.  To answer the query:
"From concept C0 find me all its narrower concepts".
then you follow all the skos:narrower properties from C0.
With the other interpretation, you would follow the skos:broader,
which would seem odd!

The versions of SKOS Core guide
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/reports/thes/1.0/guide/#3.7.1
and
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/guide/2004-11-25.html
demonstrates how the property should be interpreted.

Brian