RE: Quick Guide to Publishing a Thesaurus on the Semantic Web

From: Miles, AJ \(Alistair\) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 18:23:29 -0000
To: "Mark van Assem" <mark@cs.vu.nl>, "Thomas Baker" <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de>
Cc: <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

Hi all,

Tom wrote:
> > However, I think we should avoid giving the impression
> > that this is anything similar to or as automatic as a
> > file-format conversion.  Lots of people think of XML and
>  > RDF not as different models, but as different file formats,
>  > so I can easily picture someone thinking they could select
>  > "File -> Save As: SKOS".

Anyone fancy drafting a nice easy paragraph that explains this to go in the Quick Guide ? :)  I'm thinking we need to be able to express the basic modelling commitments that have to be made to support a stable, persistent and useful SKOS/RDF publication of a concept scheme.

---
Alistair Miles
Research Associate
CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory