Re: Quick Guide to Publishing a Thesaurus on the Semantic Web

From: Mark van Assem <mark@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:05:33 +0100
To: Thomas Baker <thomas.baker@bi.fhg.de>
CC: "Miles, AJ (Alistair)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>, public-esw-thes@w3.org

Hi Thomas,

> form.  However, I think we should avoid giving the impression
> that this is anything similar to or as automatic as a
> file-format conversion.  Lots of people think of XML and
 > RDF not as different models, but as different file formats,
 > so I can easily picture someone thinking they could select
 > "File -> Save As: SKOS".

I very much agree. Wouldn't the Quick Guide be a good place to make this
point explicit and save people the work of finding that out themselves?
It's then natural to also direct them to material that explains the
pitfalls of conversion (and how to get around them).

Mark.

--
  Mark F.J. van Assem - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
        mark@cs.vu.nl - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mark