Re: SKOS Extensions ... broaderDirect/narrowerDirect ... ?&In-Reply-To=<F5839D944C66C049BDB45F4C1E3D

Hi

OK, if you can do without direct relationships then don't use them,
because of the open world assumption. (Still wondering about possible
use cases that I can't think of myself, maybe Antoine has cooked up
one in the meantime?) A few notes:

- it's not a question of "inferred/implied" vs. "asserted". You can
also have a graph which already asserts the transitive statements
itself, or e.g. only half of them (for whatever reason). You still
need to distinguish between direct and non-direct.

- sometimes you just want to distinguish between the direct and
non-direct parents (e.g. browser tool). Open world or not, at that
point you close it. (THis open world assumption keeps bugging me for
this kind of reason.)

Regards,
Mark.

--
  Mark F.J. van Assem - Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
        mark@cs.vu.nl - http://www.cs.vu.nl/~mark