Re: [Proposal][SKOS-Core] Local (non-URI) identifiers for concepts

dc:identifier has recently occurred to me here also.

What if we go ahead with the deprecation of skos:externalID, and replace with
dc:identifier?  (And drop the proposal for a new property skos:localID).

The problem of how to cope with concepts that may have more than one identifier
(possibly deriving from different schemes) still remains, however.

What if we recommend here that a sub-property of dc:identifier is created by the
scheme owners for each identifier?  So e.g.

<skos:Concept rdf:about="http://example.org/topics/098">
	<ex:conceptNumber>098</ex:conceptNumber>
	<ex2:id>A.34.12</ex2:id>
</skos:Concept>

Where ex:conceptNumber and ex2:id are both hypothetical properties created by
scheme owners, and both are declared to be subPropertyOf dc:identifier by scheme
owners.  (Scheme owners can also declare these props as inversefunctional if
they choose).

Comments?

Al.

--