Re: search labels

From: Leonard Will <L.Will@willpowerinfo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 09:52:21 +0100
To: public-esw-thes@w3.org

In message <416F7D52.7040707@gnowsis.com> on Fri, 15 Oct 2004, Leo
Sauermann <leo@gnowsis.com> wrote
>In my bookmarks in mozilla it says somehting like "keywords" so would
>this be a better idea for a skos:keywords thing?

I dislike the expression "keywords" and think it is best avoided,
because it is ambiguous and used loosely with different meanings.

Sometimes it means terms from the text of a document used for retrieval
(as in "keyword in context (KWIC) indexing"), sometimes it means
descriptors or indexing terms assigned to the document from a controlled
vocabulary, and sometimes it means uncontrolled terms assigned to the
document by the indexer.

Leonard
--
Willpower Information       (Partners: Dr Leonard D Will, Sheena E Will)
Information Management Consultants              Tel: +44 (0)20 8372 0092