re: [PORT] Scoping for Proposed Working Drafts

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:35:58 -0000
To: 'Charles McCathieNevile' <charles@w3.org>
Cc: "'public-esw-thes@w3.org'" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>

This is discussion re the document outline:

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/PublishingThesauriPrimerToc

.. and the plan for documents for SWBP-WG PORT TF:

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-esw-thes/2004Nov/0014.html

Hi Chaals,

> Looks like a good plan to me. I agree that it is important to
> have stuff that
> covers the entire spec (in part this is a good test of it. If you find
> documentation that seems like it's descriing something odd,
> it quite possily
> is).

Cheers for comment.

> Some very rough thoughts aout the Wiki Page:
>
> Break out the RDF into seperate pieces that you can discuss
> one at a time -
> see the approach in
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/talks/200311-earl/all which
> boils down to about a single page for for enough to make
> stuff work (the rest
> is advanced thoughts and optimisations).
>
> So each entry for the term (term, narrower terms, etc) would
> have a few lines
> describing how to encode that piece of information.

I was thinking about this, but was trying to keep this doc [1] as concise as
possible.  Also as the SKOS Core Guide part 1 takes each of the features in
turn, I thought it would be OK not to do that in [1].  I reckon the
correspondance is pretty obvious, but then I work with RDF every day.  Would
like to hear what others (esp non-RDF folks) think about this.

> Simplify the example metadata for the thesaurus itself...

How?

Thanks,

Al.